Getting Data In

After installing a new UF, why is it not forwarding logs to the Indexers?

u2s1e0n2
05-10-2018 15:13:13.954 +0000 ERROR TcpOutputProc - Error initializing SSL context - invalid sslCertPath for server 45.125.XXX.X:9997
05-10-2018 15:13:13.959 +0000 ERROR SSLCommon - Can't read key file /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/auth/server.pem errno=151429224 error:0906A068:PEM routines:PEM_do_header:bad password read.

I just installed a new UF but it's not forwarding logs to the Indexers and the $SPLUNKHOME /var/log/splunk/splunkd.log shows the error message above. The IP in the error message is that of the Indexer: It is connecting to the Deployment Server and getting configs but not sending logs to the Indexers.
I need help understanding what is happening. I have reinstalled the UF but still got the same error messages.

The certs are default Splunk certs

Thanks

0 Karma

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please check if /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/auth/server.pem exists and can be read by the user Splunk runs at it. Have you modified it, or the password used for it? Does your outputs.conf contain a special sslCertPath settings for your indexers? If yes, check that file too.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...