Getting Data In

After identifying future timestamps in indexed events, is there any way to adjust time / date after fixing the issue?

dschmidt_cfi
Path Finder

Basically, my wineventlog is showing a 'latest event' of Dec 01, 2020 and I need to revert that back to the proper time/date. I believe, from the props file, it read in the hour as the year. That is not the issue, but rather one of 'Is it possible to un-index events?' Think I already know the answer, but thought I would ask.

0 Karma

grijhwani
Motivator

There are methods for removing indexed data from visibility, and then re-indexing. But that would eat into your daily consumption cap. There is no method that I know of for bulk manipulation of extant index data.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...