Getting Data In

After configuring a limit on the forwarder's rate of thruput, why is the maxKBps setting still being exceeded?

Moon629
Explorer

I set up the limits.conf file as the following and save in the path /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/system/local/limits.conf

[thruput]
maxKBps = 512

But when the logs are increasing, sometimes it was exceeded 512Kb, even up to 3000kb.

Can someone please solve this problem? thanks in advance.

0 Karma

sfmandmdev
Path Finder

Which Splunk version are you using?
We reported a bug in 6.3.2 UF recently.

0 Karma

Moon629
Explorer

We didn't upgrade UF, so they are still in 6.2

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Can you confirm you do not have any other apps that are overwriting this setting?

$splunk_home$/splunk btool limits list --debug | grep -i maxkbps

This will show you all configurations that have this applied. I imagine you have an app that is taking priority and overwriting your 512kb setting.

0 Karma

Moon629
Explorer

Below is my search for your reference.

index=_internal source=*metrics*"group=tcpin_connections" "tcp_KBps"  | rename _tcp_KBps as tcp_KBps | table sourceHost, kb, tcp_KBps | where tcp_KBps > 512
0 Karma

Moon629
Explorer

I have run the above command line...but only have one configuration.

./splunk btool limits list --debug | grep -i maxkbps
/opt/splunkforwarder/etc/system/local/limits.conf maxKBps = 512

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...