mrzmsmglsnk
Explorer

I'm using this search =>

index=_internal source="*license_usage.log" type=usage idx="f*"
 | eval MB = round(b/1048576,2)
 | eval idx = idx
 | timechart span=1d sum(MB) by idx limit=0
 | rename _time as Datum
 | convert timeformat=%d.%m.%Y. ctime(Datum)
 | addtotals

to find the usage of all indexes which names start with the letter f, (I have about 30 indexes started with f of approximately 750 indexes in total).

a) How can I remove index firewall from the results? I know it starts with f but I don't want it in the results of the search.
b) How can I add index test.f.something in the results? I know it doesn't start with f but I want it in the results of the search.
c) This is not mandatory but can I replace dots with commas in the results?

0 Karma
1 Solution

gfreitas
Builder

Hi,

a) to remove the index append in the end of first line: NOT idx=firewall
b) After idx="f*" append, OR idx="test.f.something"
c) To replace, try the replace command: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.2/SearchReference/Replace, you can also use rex mode=sed and replace the commas

View solution in original post

gfreitas
Builder

Hi,

a) to remove the index append in the end of first line: NOT idx=firewall
b) After idx="f*" append, OR idx="test.f.something"
c) To replace, try the replace command: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.2/SearchReference/Replace, you can also use rex mode=sed and replace the commas

mrzmsmglsnk
Explorer

a) I was writing, in the end of the first line, NOT index=firewall not NOT idx=firewall 😞
Uf, I'm obviously tired. I must sleep.
b) The same as a).
c) I'll check the URL.

gfreitas, THANK YOU!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...