Alerting

Need to Setup splunk alert for total percentage jobs failure.

alamma8
Loves-to-Learn

Using EMR Spark & all the logs goes to splunk & there are multiple type of jobs running in the cluster. I want to setup splunk alert,if more that 5% total no. of jobs failed then we get the alert.

0 Karma

alamma8
Loves-to-Learn

Hi,

Thanks for you reply.

using following query i am able to get all the failed jobs.

index=emr | search applicationType=SPARK finalStatus=FAILED

In our environment more than 300 jobs are running per day.(batch jobs & streaming jobs).

#1:-I want to setup an alert, if fail jobs count reach to 5% then it trigger the alert.

#2:-Numbers of job can be fluctuate. some day total count would be more than 300 or less than 300. So percent (5%) should be on actual count. like total count of the day is 280. then what would be the parameter.

Please give me the query what should i need to run.

Thanks in Advanced

0 Karma

alamma8
Loves-to-Learn

Hi,

Thanks for you reply.

using following query i am able to get all the failed jobs.

index=emr | search applicationType=SPARK finalStatus=FAILED

In our environment more than 300 jobs are running per day.(batch jobs & streaming jobs).

#1:-I want to setup an alert, if fail jobs count reach to 5% then it trigger the alert.

#2:-Numbers of job can be fluctuate. some day total count would be more than 300 or less than 300. So percent (5%) should be on actual count. like total count of the day is 280. then what would be the parameter.

Please give me the query what should i need to run.

Thanks in Advanced.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In general, since the question does not contain specifics about the data, you'll need a count of all jobs as well as a count of jobs that failed.  Use math to find the failure percentage.

your search | eval fail = if(test for failure, 1, 0)
| stats count as total, sum(fail) as failures
| eval pct = failures * 100 / total
| where pct > 5
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...