Splunk Dev

real-time search using python SDK export command

esharf
Engager

so here is my code:

import splunklib.client as client
import splunklib.results as results

client.connect(**connection_args)
job_kwargs = {"search_mode": "realtime", "earliest_time": "rt", "latest_time": "rt"}
for item in service.jobs.export(query=my_query, **job_kwargs):
    if isinstance(item, results.Message):
        print(item.message)
    else:
        print(item)

when I'm trying to run this code with a general query

query="search index=main"

It’s working properly.
but if I’m trying with

query="search `notable` | eval rule_name=if(isnull(rule_name),source,rule_name) | eval rule_title=if(isnull(rule_title),rule_name,rule_title) | `get_urgency` | `risk_correlation` | eval rule_description=if(isnull(rule_description),source,rule_description) | eval security_domain=if(isnull(security_domain),source,security_domain)"

I get a lot of events that I cannot see in the regular search.
also, I get almost every multiple times with a little change (such as dest_ip=8.8.8.8 anddest_ip=8.8.8.9) and a part of them are even identical.

note when I’m trying to test it I found that I have on average 9 events in 5 min but when I’m using the real-time search I get almost 130 on average.

Labels (4)

srijondas
Explorer

I am facing a similar problem.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...