Splunk Dev

How to collect debug logs for apps on Splunk Cloud

Mr2022
Explorer

I have released an app for Splunk Enterprise. As Splunk Enterprise is kind of on-premise product and runs on customers' local host, I use file log to collect debug logs with reference to https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/developapps/addsupport/logging/loggingsplunkextensions. I can read the local file and index the logs in 'search' result.

Now I need to migrate the app on Splunk Cloud. How can I collect the debug log for apps on cloud. Does the link still work on Cloud? If not, is there other guides for this?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mcmaster
Communicator

Those log files are indexed in Splunk Cloud just as they are in Splunk Enterprise, so if you're following that documentation you should be in the clear. Logs can be access by the Splunk admin in the same way as if it were running on-prem.

View solution in original post

mcmaster
Communicator

Those log files are indexed in Splunk Cloud just as they are in Splunk Enterprise, so if you're following that documentation you should be in the clear. Logs can be access by the Splunk admin in the same way as if it were running on-prem.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...