Splunk Dev

How do I display Saved Reports in custom navigation menu

tkhatri
Explorer

Hi All,

I want to customize the navigation menu in my custom app to display five different reports in a drop down. I followed documentation https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/developapps/createapps/addnavsplunkapp/ and was able to display dashboard but reports are not getting displayed. 

I tried using <saved name="report1" /> and <saved source="reports" match="xyz"/> but no luck.

Looking for help on how can I display reports in a navigation menu as dropdown .

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

tkhatri
Explorer

I am able to display saved reports in navigation menu using the below syntax. For example, for the report name "Test Report"
<saved name="Test Report" />

The mistake I was doing was not using the exact report name including space.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

tkhatri
Explorer

I am able to display saved reports in navigation menu using the below syntax. For example, for the report name "Test Report"
<saved name="Test Report" />

The mistake I was doing was not using the exact report name including space.

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

you can't add saved searches to custom navigation, but you can add dashboards. Dashboards are knowns as  views in Splunk. add your saved searches to Dashboard before proceeding.

all your dashboards are saved as views in Splunk under settings -> user interface -> views.

First make sure your dashboards ( views ) are placed in your app before making changes to navigation menu is the place where you customize your navigation. Below is the default navigation of search & reporting 

Settings -> user interface -> Navigation Menus -> default.

<nav search_view="search" color="#5CC05C">
  <view name="search" default="true" />
  <view name="analytics_workspace" />
  <view name="datasets" />
  <view name="reports" />
  <view name="alerts" />
  <view name="dashboards" />
</nav>

To create new menu with dropdown the syntax is as below:

for example, I want to create new menu (Other) with dropdown. I have a dashboard rowexpanstionjs in views of same app and I want to show this Dashboard under Other menu like Dashboards,Reports, Alerts in search & reporting then 

Note: view name should match with view name under views in your app.

<nav search_view="search" color="#5CC05C">
  <view name="search" default="true" />
  <view name="analytics_workspace" />
  <view name="datasets" />
  <view name="reports" />
  <view name="alerts" />
  <view name="dashboards" />
  <collection label="Other">
    <view name="rowexpansionjs"/>
  </collection>
</nav>

custom-menu-ui.png

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...