Splunk Dev

Getting error on indexer cluster with 3 Peer nodes and one search head. The Repfactor = 3 and Searchfactor = 2

eymanu
Explorer

Search peer has the following message: Indexer Clustering: Too many bucket replication errors to target peer=10.x.x.x:9887. Will stop streaming data from hot buckets to this target while errors persist. Check for network connectivity from the cluster peer reporting this issue to the replication port of target peer. If this condition persists, you can temporarily put that peer in manual detention.

Getting this error on all three search. i am running Splunk 7.1.0

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

eymanu
Explorer

I had to open firewall port for replication to make that work

View solution in original post

0 Karma

deepakcompany85
Loves-to-Learn

Check the replication port is not being blocked across the peers, it could be blocked.

0 Karma

eymanu
Explorer

I had to open firewall port for replication to make that work

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

@eymanu,
if you found a solution to your question, kindly accept the answer to close it and so others will know you have a valid solution.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...