Splunk Dev

Can I use a non-Oracle java or non-Oracle openJDK with DB_Connect

w199284
Explorer

My security people want me to use an openJDK product from Azul Systems. I get an error when saving the configuration settings

{'jre_need': 'Need Oracle Corporation JRE version 1.8 or OpenSDK 1.8', 'jre_using': 'Using Azul Systems, Inc. JRE version 1.8, OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM', 'message': 'Unsupported JRE detected'} validate java command: /opt/splunk-nexusJDK/zulu8.44.0.10-sa-jdk8.0.242-linux_x64/jre/bin/java.

Azul suggested this override in JVM options "-XX:+OverrideVMProperties -Djava.vm.vendor="Oracle Corporation" ". That didn't work either. DB_Connect works fine with standard Oracle Java and Oracle's openJDK

Has anyone been successful using an alternative java engine like this? Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...