Splunk Dev

splunk 6 CORS cross orgin resource sharing

kundeng
Path Finder

Hi,
Has anyone actually tried the CORS in splunk?

I configured the following in server.conf, but I can't get the splunkjs to access splunk instance on a different machine than a web2py server. Is there anything that I need to change on client/javascript side?
[httpServer]
crossOriginSharingPolicy = *

0 Karma

Julian_par

Hi!
Is there any chance you could give the path of such a certificate?

Thanks,
Julian!

0 Karma

kundeng
Path Finder

Hi, it turns out the problem is with self-signed server certificate for splunkd. If you manually import the certificate into firefox and it should work. Note this only works with firefox, for chrome, the certificate has to match the server name, and so even if you import it into chrome, it still might not work.

0 Karma

CVidad

I, too, am having trouble with CORS in Splunk. I set

crossOriginSharingPolicy = *

in system/local/server.conf but my browser's(firefox) javascript console pops an error "Cross-Origin Request Blocked: blah blah" when doing an AJAX post

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...