Splunk Dev

query not returning resutls

sarit_s
Communicator

Hello
I have  a query that contains some conditions and one of them is "AND NOT eventtype=..."
the eventtype is not configured in our system so it is not supposed to return results.. 

my question is - if the condition is "AND NOT" but the eventtype not configured the query should return results or not ?

thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @sarit_s,

Yes, query will work and produce results. You will just see a yellow warning indicator on the left of Job that says particular eventtype is not exist or disabled.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma

sarit_s
Communicator

If im running some query AND NOT eventtype=... there are no results but if i will remove the eventtype=.. part it will return results

0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @sarit_s,

Because of NOT condition, missing eventtype field is ok. That is why search will return results. 

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma

sarit_s
Communicator

Hey

thanks for your reply. Im not sure I understood 

i have a query that contains eventtype=...
but this specific  eventtype is not configured in our system (all of them are configured in eventtype.conf file). So my question was if i have query that contains eventtype that is not configured but im querying it with NOT

the query should work or not ? 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...