Splunk Dev

localhost refused to connect in Windows 10

markn0119

Hi,

I cannot connect to Splunk Enterprise after cleaned
Comodo AV warning popup for emailworm name EmailWorm.Win32.Joleee.~J5@112461068. Anyone knows if this action is the cause of the local host connection issue and how do I fixed it?
Thank you for your help,

Tags (2)
0 Karma

markn0119

Hi dkeck,

I able to connect to the locahost and login now by restarted Splunk in CLI by combining the instruction from gyslainlatsa, looks like for LInux, and mjscoggins, for the path in Windows 10.

0 Karma

markn0119
0 Karma

markn0119

Hi dkeck,

Thank you for your help. I have been connecting to the Enterprise, localhost, by web UI before this issue occurred, try to attach the screenshot but don't have karma points.
I am currently on module 12 of Splunk Fundamentals 1 and splunk.com is working on the first pc with issue, have been using the second pc to login to splunk.com and localhost to continue with my training.

I will also contact Comodo about this EmailWorm.Win32.Joleee.~J5@112461068 file.

0 Karma

dkeck
Influencer

HI,

how do you try to connect to splunk? Web UI? CLI?

Is splunk running at all?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...