6successuser2
7FailAdmin
8FailAdmin
9Failuser2
10Failuser2
11FailAdmin
12 Fail user2 
13Failuser2

if I want to show by users all the action (success) if the last 3 previous action = fail 

the result shoud show :

--the raw with (id = 1 ==> because the admin in her previous status have 3 fail (id=7, id=8, id=11) 
--the raw with (id = 2 ==> because the  user2 in her previous status have 3 fail (id= 3, id =4, id=5)
--the raw with (id = 6 ==> because the  user2 in her previous status have 3 fail (id= 9, id=10, id=12)

and if I want to show by users all the action (fail) if the last 3 previous action = fail 

the result shoud show :

--the raw with (id = 9 ==> because the  user2 in her previous status have 3 fail (id=10, id=12, id= 13 )

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

rnowitzki
Builder

Hi @adcom26 ,

This took some cpu time from my brain :).
Not sure if is possible with less SPL, but it should work with:

| makeresults
| eval ID = "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13" 
| makemv ID
| mvexpand ID
| eval action = case(ID=1,"success",ID=2,"success",ID=3,"fail",ID=4,"fail",ID=5,"fail",ID=6,"success",ID=7,"fail",ID=8,"fail",ID=9,"fail",ID=10,"fail",ID=11,"fail",ID=12,"fail",ID=13,"fail")
| eval user = case(ID=1,"admin",ID=2,"user2",ID=3,"user2",ID=4,"user2",ID=5,"user2",ID=6,"user2",ID=7,"admin",ID=8,"admin",ID=9,"user2",ID=10,"user2",ID=11,"admin",ID=12,"user2",ID=13,"user2")

| sort - user, ID
| streamstats count BY action, user reset_after="("match(action,\"success\")")"
| streamstats current=false window=1 first(action) as prev_action first(count) as prev_count first(user) as prev_user
| eval success=if(action="success" AND prev_action="fail" AND prev_count>=3 AND user=prev_user,"true","false")
| eval fail=if(action="fail" AND prev_action="fail" AND prev_count>=3 AND user=prev_user,"true","false")
| where success="true" OR fail="true"
| fields - prev* fail success
| sort ID

You only need the lines starting with the first sort command. The lines above that are just to create a table with your sample data.

I think there is one problem with the "failed" ones. The SPL would output all lines after one user "collected" 3 fails, as I don't reset the "fails" after the first 3 where found. So what I mean is, that it would show the 4th "fail" for a user, but also the 5th and the 6th etc., if there is no "success" in between....If that is wrong, the "reset after" clause would have to be somehow extended.

Hope it helps.
BR
Ralph
--
Karma and/or Solution tagging appreciated.

--

View solution in original post

rnowitzki
Builder

Hi @adcom26 ,

This took some cpu time from my brain :).
Not sure if is possible with less SPL, but it should work with:

| makeresults
| eval ID = "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13" 
| makemv ID
| mvexpand ID
| eval action = case(ID=1,"success",ID=2,"success",ID=3,"fail",ID=4,"fail",ID=5,"fail",ID=6,"success",ID=7,"fail",ID=8,"fail",ID=9,"fail",ID=10,"fail",ID=11,"fail",ID=12,"fail",ID=13,"fail")
| eval user = case(ID=1,"admin",ID=2,"user2",ID=3,"user2",ID=4,"user2",ID=5,"user2",ID=6,"user2",ID=7,"admin",ID=8,"admin",ID=9,"user2",ID=10,"user2",ID=11,"admin",ID=12,"user2",ID=13,"user2")

| sort - user, ID
| streamstats count BY action, user reset_after="("match(action,\"success\")")"
| streamstats current=false window=1 first(action) as prev_action first(count) as prev_count first(user) as prev_user
| eval success=if(action="success" AND prev_action="fail" AND prev_count>=3 AND user=prev_user,"true","false")
| eval fail=if(action="fail" AND prev_action="fail" AND prev_count>=3 AND user=prev_user,"true","false")
| where success="true" OR fail="true"
| fields - prev* fail success
| sort ID

You only need the lines starting with the first sort command. The lines above that are just to create a table with your sample data.

I think there is one problem with the "failed" ones. The SPL would output all lines after one user "collected" 3 fails, as I don't reset the "fails" after the first 3 where found. So what I mean is, that it would show the 4th "fail" for a user, but also the 5th and the 6th etc., if there is no "success" in between....If that is wrong, the "reset after" clause would have to be somehow extended.

Hope it helps.
BR
Ralph
--

--

adcom26
Explorer

thank you sir. it work.  you are a legend

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...