Splunk Dev

connect to splunk instance using custom endpoints

jangid
Builder

Hello All,

I have developed few mashup API (combining two or more KVStore into single API) for our app in python language. everything works perfectly fine but I have used hardcoded password to connect Splunk instance, here is my code snippet.

USERNAME = "admin"
            PASSWORD = "changeme"

opts.kwargs["port"] = listening_port
            opts.kwargs["host"] = src_ip
            opts.kwargs["app"] = APPNAME
            opts.kwargs["token"] = system_authtoken
            opts.kwargs["username"] = USERNAME
            opts.kwargs["password"] = PASSWORD
            opts.kwargs["owner"] = 'nobody'
            self.service = connect(**opts.kwargs)
            logger.debug('[ServiceHandle] user=%s service=%s' % (user, self.service)) 

Now I want to remove these hard-coded username and password and use same username/password user logged in

can you please help me how do I do this?

NOTE: I am not using any custom command and my all endpoints are mentioned in restmap.conf and web.conf

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jangid
Builder

There is no way to connect Splunk service without username and password. for my specific requirement I have used setup page where I am storing the username and password and reading username password before connect method.

e.g.

username, password = getUsernamePassword(sessionKey)

def getUsernamePassword(sessionKey):
    setup_entity = entity.getEntity('setup', 'manoj', namespace=appname, owner='nobody', sessionKey=sessionKey)
    for each in setup_entity:
        if each == 'username':
            username = setup_entity[each]
        elif each == 'password':
            password = setup_entity[each]
    return username, password

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jangid
Builder

There is no way to connect Splunk service without username and password. for my specific requirement I have used setup page where I am storing the username and password and reading username password before connect method.

e.g.

username, password = getUsernamePassword(sessionKey)

def getUsernamePassword(sessionKey):
    setup_entity = entity.getEntity('setup', 'manoj', namespace=appname, owner='nobody', sessionKey=sessionKey)
    for each in setup_entity:
        if each == 'username':
            username = setup_entity[each]
        elif each == 'password':
            password = setup_entity[each]
    return username, password
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...