Splunk Dev

can i use splunk sdk for javascript to build a complete custom UI? is sdk provides all the required API?

gopiktr
Engager

In my splunk application, i want to use angular 4.0 as my client(custom UI), and i don't want to show the splunk UI. What is the best way to achieve ?
Can i use splunk SDK for javascript to achieve this? Will the SDK provides all the required apis?
Kindly suggest me.

Thanks in Advance

niketn
Legend

@gopiktr, is your requirement to use Angular 4 in your dashboard? If you are comfortable with Splunk Web Framework you can convert Splunk Dashboard from Simple XML to HTML and then add Angular 4 to your dashboard. However, while HTML Dashboard give you flexibility of designing the UI as any other HTML page. If removes some of the built in features present in Simple XML (most of the new UI features available from 6.5 onward). So if you would need those you would need to code them yourself. Also once you convert to HTML dashboard, it can not be reverted back to Simple XML.

On the other hand through Splunk JavaScript SDK, you would code similar to HTML Dashboard by directly accessing components of Splunk Web Framework (Splunk JS Stack).

Most of Splunk UI's appearance can be changed through Simple XML CSS and JS extension as well (without converting Simple XML Dashboard to HTML). Do try to look into that as well. Weigh in your options and choose as per your requirements and constraints.

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...