Splunk Dev

Why is Splunk Enterprise app logo missing after update?

Mr2022
Explorer

I update an released app. When I install by local file on the portal and returned to the home page, the logo of my app was missing, so it is with the logo at the bar when I jumped into my app. 

I found that if I restart the splunkd process and login again, the logo display well. I got confused with that.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Mr2022,

are you speaking of a custom app or one from Splunkbase?

if from Splunkbase, it's strange, which App are you speking?

anyway check the grants on the icon files contained in the app (in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/your_app/static).

If you're speaking of a custom app, did you follow the instructions to add a logo to your app (https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/developapps/createapps/#Add-icons-to-your-app)?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Mr2022
Explorer

Hi gcusello,

Thanks for your reply. The app that I mentioned is one from Splunkbase. 

My app names as 'Trend Micro Risk Insights for Splunk'.

Thanks,

Blake

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Mr2022,

this app was developed by Trend Micro.

Check the owner and the rights of the files in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/your_app/static:

owner must be splunk and rights must be 644.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Mr2022
Explorer

Hi gcusello,

I'll try to change the permissions of the logo png files later.

Thanks

Blake

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...