Splunk Dev

The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel

wajihullahbaig
Explorer

One problem solved OK so the first problem was solved. Now how do I get past this error as the title suggests? Since I am using C# for RESTful services, if I am correct I need to know where I can get certificate and install it on client side so that a successful authentication can be initiated.
I am trying out a simple login using C#.

Please guide. Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is almost certainly a server name validation problem. You can either install the signing certificate (from $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/auth) into your client's trusted store, or you can bypass the trust in code as indicated here or here.

View solution in original post

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is almost certainly a server name validation problem. You can either install the signing certificate (from $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/auth) into your client's trusted store, or you can bypass the trust in code as indicated here or here.

wajihullahbaig
Explorer

i just added the line -
ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback = delegate { return true; };

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

I'm no expert on the subject of how SSL/TLS is handled in C#, but a quick google search on the error message returns results that seem to indicate that the problem lies with the certificate validation. By default Splunk uses self-signed certificates which will generate an error because they can't be validated by a trusted CA. Some more info here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/703272/could-not-establish-trust-relationship-for-ssl-tls-secure-...
http://www.google.com/search?q=could+not+establish+trust+relationship+for+the+ssl%2Ftls+secure+chann...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...