Splunk Dev

Splunk ML toolkit, Python Scientific Computing : pasty package version upgrade issue

absdef

Hello, I am writing a custom algorithm for fitting a GLM model for Negative Binomial using the latest versions of Splunk ML toolkit and Python for Scientific Computing on Splunk Enterprise (local).

I encountered this issue:

"ValueError: For numerical factors, num_columns must be an int"

I researched a bit and found out that this is because of the 'pasty' package version 0.4 that comes with scipy. It occurs on Windows 64 bit.

The solution is to upgrade the 'pasty' package to higher version. How do I upgrade this with the Python for Scientific Computing/ML Toolkit in Splunk?

On a related note, how do I check what versions of scipy/other packages are being used in Python for Scientific Computing 1.2?

0 Karma

kbondarev

Hi,

you can see all the package versions in the readme file in the app folder:

• numpy 1.10.4
  • scipy 0.17.0
  • pandas 0.17.1
  • scikit-learn 0.17.0
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...