Splunk Dev

[Splunk Add-on Builder] How to sync account credential configuration in a search head cluster?

Pastea
Engager

Hi,

Is there a way to sync the account configuration created by Splunk Add-on Builder in a Search Head Cluster?

It uses a custom conf <app_name>_account.conf where it save account and username, in passwords.conf it save only account and password. Since the <app_name>_account.conf is not synced among the cluster's members, every new account is added using the interface it is not replicated, and then it is unusable.

What configuration am I missing? Is the only way to edit the replication to whitelist and add the file?

Thanks,
Andrea

Labels (4)

cameronjust
Path Finder

Old post but I just noticed the addon builder doesn't support config or account changes in a search head cluster environment too.

Did you ever find a solution?

I'm sure I've hand crafted addons that were capable of having config changes replicated across the cluster.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...