Splunk Dev

SimpleXML: text size of single value element ignores height with version="1.1"

helge
Builder

In a single value element, the text size always adjusted dynamically to the element's height. E.g., if you use the mouse to increase the single element's height, the text becomes larger.

However, once you add the tag version="1.1" to the topmost dashboard or form element, the text size is fixed and does not adjust to changing heights any more.

Reproduction

1. In Splunk's web UI, create a new "classic" dashboard
  2. Add a single value visualization with the following search: index=_internal | timechart count
  3. Use the mouse to make the panel higher
  4. Notice how the single element's font size adjusted to the higher panel (it increased dynamically)
  5. Save the dashboard
  6. Edit the dashboard's source: change <dashboard> to <dashboard version="1.1">
  7. Save the dashboard
  8. Refresh the page (press F5)
  9. The single element's font size is now smaller and it does not adjust to changed heights
  10. Revert the changes in the source, save the dashboard, and refresh the page
  11. The font size is adjusted correctly again

A screen recording is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_btqoyDg2I

My test environment:

• Splunk Enterprise 8.2.1
  • Chrome 92

Update 2021-09-23

• Still unfixed in Splunk Enterprise 8.2.2.1
Labels (1)
0 Karma

thellmann
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @helge - I spoke to the development team and a fix for this has already been merged and should be released with the next Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Cloud releases. 

helge
Builder

Hey @thellmann, which version of Splunk Enterprise will the fix be included in? I tested again with the current version 8.2.2.1: it's not fixed there.

0 Karma

vagrawal
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @helge , the fix is currently planned for Splunk Enterprise v8.3.0, which is tracking release around .conf time. 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...