Splunk Dev

How to show thresholds values along with the visualization panel?

pnandhu

I am using radialGauge to display the metric value and addding thresholds to it. I want to show the threshold values along with the visualization by using CSS, as my organization Splunk team not allowing to add JS code from teams perspective development. Or any visualization to show the single value along with its threshold values showing on the board would help.

Thanks!

pnandhu_0-1615412697901.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

carbdb
Explorer

this works for me:

| makeresults count=4 | addinfo | streamstats count as i | eval threshold=if(i<=2,100,500) | eval _time=if(i%2==1,info_min_time,info_max_time) | eval mm=if(i<=2,"low","high")| table _time,threshold,mm| timechart cont=false avg(threshold) by mm

0 Karma

tscroggins
Influencer

@pnandhu 

The typical way to convey threshold in gauge charts is through ranges and color coding. For example, to display a gauge with a single "threshold" at 25000 and a maximum value of 50000:

| makeresults
| eval count=30000
| gauge count 0 25000 50000

As you've noted, though, the label doesn't always fall on the threshold. You would need to set ranges with an understanding of how the charting code bins them for display.

In line, area, column, and bar charts, you can use an eval (or any other method) to set a field value for an overlay:

| gentimes start=03/13/2021:00:00:00 increment=1h
| eval _time=starttime
| eval sample=100*random()/2147483647
| timechart span=1h avg(sample) as sample
| eval threshold=90

threshold_one.png

However, single values render as a point rather than a line:

| makeresults
| eval sample=100*random()/2147483647
| eval threshold=90

threshold_two.png

Annotations may be useful, but they only work on a subset of charts.

Can you provide a more detailed mockup of how and where you'd like thresholds to appear?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...