Splunk Dev

Set custom values to do comparisons between indexed data and fixed values

changux
Builder

Hi all. I have an application that shows some dashboards with statistical tables based on indexed data. I want to create a setup section where any user setup custom values (for example forecast), to: 50. Next, i want to compare results in some fields of the statistical tables against this fixed value to establish the fulfillment of a goal.
I found some information about setup.xml or app.conf but i don't know the better way. Any help?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could store values in a kvstore or in a lookup table
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

changux
Builder

Thanks. To do in a lookup table, any suggested method? Any app?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I usually use Lookup editor.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

You can create a dashboard where user can enter this value and run a query that compares this values. In addition, you can store this user entered value in KVStore (http://dev.splunk.com/view/webframework-developapps/SP-CAAAEZK) to persist this value

0 Karma

changux
Builder

Thanks. But the "way" is using the setup.xml?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...