Splunk Dev

Sendemail using Python SDK

sunilsk1
Path Finder

I am trying to run the following search using Splunk python sdk. It returns the results but does not send the EMAIL as it does if i run the same search using the Splunk UI.

searchquery_normal = 'search * earliest="8/26/2013:23:40:00"  latest="8/26/2013:23:55:00" index=os  host=* sourcetype=cpu | lookup chipot fqdn as host | search application_name="New App*" AND physical_environment_name="Production*" AND state="LIVE"| multikv fields pctUser,pctSystem,pctIowait,pctIdle,application_name | search all |eval cpu=100-pctIdle|stats avg(cpu) by host,application_name|rename avg(cpu) as cpualert|where cpualert >20|sort "application_name"|sendemail to="myemailid@domain.com" format=html subject=ALERT_CPU_sentfromPython  sendresults=true'
0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What app context are you executing the search with in both scenarios? Alert_actions.conf can be app specific so that one app uses one mail server and settings yet another app can use a different mail server and settings.

So if you have your email configured via alert_actions in yourAppName but you’re executing search from servicesNS/-/- or etc... this could be the cause for the descrepancy.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...