Splunk Dev

Replacement for list and module elements?

pbankar
Path Finder

Team,

Need help to upgrade the list and module elements from the simple search page to the latest update.
Or how can I create a new type of search page which can be embedded in my app?

AppInspect result
the search we are using

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

AdvancedXML has been officially deprecated for almost two years: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.2/AdvancedDev/Whatsinthismanual#Advanced_XML_Depreca...
If you're developing things based on AdvancedXML you have two reasonable options, go with sideview's branch of AdvancedXML or switch to Splunk's SimpleXML.

Regarding your search page, there is a new search page since 6.0 called drumroll search. You can use that in your app, it's shared globally from the default search app.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

AdvancedXML has been officially deprecated for almost two years: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.2/AdvancedDev/Whatsinthismanual#Advanced_XML_Depreca...
If you're developing things based on AdvancedXML you have two reasonable options, go with sideview's branch of AdvancedXML or switch to Splunk's SimpleXML.

Regarding your search page, there is a new search page since 6.0 called drumroll search. You can use that in your app, it's shared globally from the default search app.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The nav xml schema doesn't have any sub- or text-elements inside a view element, so that can't work.

If you need to pass parameters to the search view - first time you mention this... 😛 -, you need to use the a element, something like this:

<a href="search?q=index%3D_internal">Search the _internal index</a>

This relative link doesn't need to know the app name it's in, it just stays where it is.

0 Karma

pbankar
Path Finder

Thanks @martin_mueller. It worked.

0 Karma

pbankar
Path Finder

I tried -

<view name="search" >index=_internal</view> 
    <view name="search" ><default>index=_internal</default></view>     

But these are invalid default searches. Any better way?

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Simply referring to the view's name, search, is enough for the navigation menu:

<view name="search" />
0 Karma

pbankar
Path Finder

@martin_mueller, thanks for the quick response. even I tried an anchor tag way-

<a href="/app/my_app_name/search?q=search%20index%3D_internal">Search</a>

This way I can get a default searchquery but the problem is the "/my_app_name/" .
I have different apps and don't want to hardcode the app name. Do you have any solution for this?

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Why do you need a replica? Including the search view in your app's navigation menu will let you use it without duplication.

0 Karma

pbankar
Path Finder

@martin_mueller, thanks for the highlight.
I tried to redirect to app/search/search from my app's navigation but the URL its forming is - http://ip:8000/en-GB/app/my_app_name/app/search/search. It's not getting out of my app's environment. Can you please suggest something.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

search is the default search view, you can link to it from within any app as long as the user can see the search app. You can't easily embed it as part of another dashboard.

0 Karma

pbankar
Path Finder

Actually, I need to create a replica of the Search & Reporting in my app where the user can search the app related queries. Is there anyway?

0 Karma

pbankar
Path Finder
0 Karma

pbankar
Path Finder

@martin_mueller can you please suggest any relevant link for embedding the drumroll search in any dashboard?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...