Splunk Dev

Regex Help for Dashboard Field

zacksoft_wf
Contributor

I am changing the dashboard XML to perform an in-line field validation, but I cannot seem to get the regEx right.
Here is the sample XML code that I already have for another field. (In this example I am validating if the field entry is numeric or not).
My regex requirement is, It should be able to check if the input entered has any space in the beginning or end or if it has any doublequotes character in it. The regex should run inside the dashboard source code XML.

=======
<eval token="validationResult">if(match(value, "([^a-zA-Z0-9]\s?[^a-zA-Z0-9])\s$"), "trailing Punctuation or Space. [Remove any padded whitespaces or double quotes frov 'Value'] ", "No padded Punctuation or Space or doublequotes [No Action Required]"</eval>
========

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

johnhuang
Motivator

There's no need to conditional match if your goal is to sanitize the input.

<input type="text" token="value">
<label>Value</label>
<change>
<eval token="value">trim(replace(value, "\"", "")</eval>
</change>
</input>

View solution in original post

johnhuang
Motivator

Assuming "value" is the original token name and "validationResult" becomes the new token, the code below will remove leading and trailing spaces, and remove double quotes.

<eval token="validationResult">trim(replace($value$, "\"", "")</eval>

zacksoft_wf
Contributor

@johnhuang  -Thanks. 
The way I wanted to implement isn't yielding me result. It is failing.
I was thinking, is there any way I could condition match and put the same regex logic.
So I tried it but it didn't help..Could you suggest any simpler implementation , to validate this text field.

<label>Value</label>
<condition match ..>
</condition>

0 Karma

johnhuang
Motivator

There's no need to conditional match if your goal is to sanitize the input.

<label>Value</label>
<change>
<eval token="value">trim(replace(value, "\"", "")</eval>
</change>
</input>

zacksoft_wf
Contributor

@johnhuang  - Such a simple yet brilliant solution. I got what I wanted.  Thank you so much, Sir.  

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...