Splunk Dev

Python3 Readiness App return false positive

JGonzalez

Hi,  I develop the app "Allkun MON for ISO8583" and published on the splunkbase some weeks ago.
Now I'm doing development validations for an upgrade. I ran a scan with the app Python Upgrade Readiness and this report ends with fail (not compatible with python3) but the application don't use python script and has no bin folder.

How could this validation pass?

Regards

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

Brett
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If your app has no python code in it, I don't see why you should be trying to run the Python Upgrade Readiness against it, as it has nothing to check.

A "fail" makes sense in the context that the check failed, but not that you app has failed to work with Python 3. I cannot see any reason why your app wouldn't work with Python 3, because it has no Python to begin with.

If you want to be sure, I would just run and test your app on the latest Splunk 8.2 version.

0 Karma

JGonzalez

I did a scan of the app with splunk 8.2 and i get the same result. I did a test modifying the name of the application and it works perfect. The scenario is that this app is published on splunkbase.

Will any validation be done against splunkbase?

0 Karma

Brett
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, once you upload it to Splunkbase it will run through AppInspect, however you do not need to pass to get on Splunkbase! I have a published app which cannot pass AppInspect for example. A human will review your app just to check it doesn't have malware etc.

You can also run AppInspect yourself by API. See more details at https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/developapps/testvalidate/appinspect/ 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...