Splunk Dev

Need to find outputcsv subroutine python file

ShaneNewman
Motivator

I have a savedsearch that needs to run and output a physical file, which a file name that contains a variable with the date in a particular format. I have the search, which works great... The issue I have is with where the outputcsv command puts the csv file that is generated (SPLUNK_HOME\var\run\splunk). I need to move this to either SPLUNK_HOME\apps\app_name\lookups or completely out of the Splunk directory, which will be the end result anyway.

I need to know the name of the *.py file in Splunk that contains the script for the outputcsv subroutine OR the name of the file that contains the output directory for the outputcsv subroutine. I can handle it from there, I have just not been successful in locating this python script.

1 Solution

kallu
Communicator

Would Outputlookup work better than outputcsv ?

(or you can extend splunk with your own output -cmd that lets you specify directory & filename, and creates a huge security issue too 🙂

View solution in original post

ShaneNewman
Motivator

I appreciate that... Any luck as of yet?

0 Karma

kallu
Communicator

Would Outputlookup work better than outputcsv ?

(or you can extend splunk with your own output -cmd that lets you specify directory & filename, and creates a huge security issue too 🙂

ShaneNewman
Motivator

Until we figure out exactly where this script lives, we have a PowerShell script running on a regular basis to move the files from the app folder to a shared folder that has been setup.

0 Karma

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It may not BE a script, it could be built-in. I'll dig.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...