Splunk Dev

NOT operator issue

splunk_zen
Builder

I'm having trouble applying a filter to group servers which share the scp keyword, into %scp% and %dscp% subgroups. The resulting AND expression does not return any values.
How should I rewrite the NOT sentence ?

case(
NOT (hostname like "%dscp%") AND hostname like "%scp%", "SCPs", 
hostname like "%dscp%", "DSCPs",
hostname like "%mgr%", "MGRs"
), 
"other")

EDIT: Also tried the variation

NOT like(HOST_NAME,"%dscp%") AND like(HOST_NAME,"%scp%"), "SCPs", 

with no luck.

Tags (4)
0 Karma

splunk_zen
Builder

Sigh...
Some admin please delete this question.
The initial search was correct.
Turns out some collection process had stopped and that range of hosts were not being updated, that's why I was seeing any results, there weren't any to show..

0 Karma

jonuwz
Influencer
host=*scp* AND host!=*dscp*

or

host=*scp* NOT host=*dscp*

splunk_zen
Builder

Thanks jonuwz,
but it seems case does not play well with that wildcard form:

Error in 'eval' command: The expression is malformed. An unexpected character is reached at '*scp* AND hostname !=*dscp*, "SCPs", hostname =*dscp*, "DSCPs"

If I encapsulate the wildcards with quotes,

hostnam == "*scp*" AND host!="*dscp*"

it just does not find anything as it explicitly searches for the string "scp" ('*' characters included)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...