Splunk Dev

ModularInput - Input not written in myapp/local/inputs.conf but in /search/local/inputs.conf

rechteklebe
Path Finder

Hi, 

I've recognized that my modularinput configuration for "myapp" has a strange situation.

When I am in Splunk using "myapp" and go to Data Inputs>MyAppInput, the inputs.conf file gets written properly (<myapp>/local/inputs.conf).

But when someone is in another app than "myapp" (e.g. search), and goes to Data Inputs>MyAppInput, the data gets written to /search/local/inputs.conf (not "myapp" app).

It gets written to the application folder from where you click on "Data Inputs".

How can i make sure that from wherever the user clicks on " Data Inputs>MyAppInput", the data gets only written in  (<myapp>/local/inputs.conf)?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That’s Splunk Enterprise default behavior.

otherwise splunk doesn’t know where to write custom configurations. 

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...