Splunk Dev

Javascript SDK client-side "examples" [Hello Word ] issue

Lossino

I'am facing an issue while I tried to run "Helloword" example from SDK package. I'am working on win 7 with splunk 5.0.1 (installed in local). I set up this following config with my own :
username = "admin";
password = "changeme";
scheme = "https";
host = "localhost";
port = "8089";
version = "5.0.1";
But I run the example from browser it doesn't work and this error in my console: TypeError: req is undefined
if (req.wasAborted) {

Any help please !!

thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Rocket66
Communicator

This is a bug in the splunk.js!

Fix the error on the SDKPath/client/splunk.js @ Line-number 6002 😆 "if (res.wasAborted)" instead of "if (reg.wasAborted)"

or use the "splunk.min.js" instead.

hope that helps,

Robert

View solution in original post

Rocket66
Communicator

This is a bug in the splunk.js!

Fix the error on the SDKPath/client/splunk.js @ Line-number 6002 😆 "if (res.wasAborted)" instead of "if (reg.wasAborted)"

or use the "splunk.min.js" instead.

hope that helps,

Robert

Lossino

Ok thanks again. In fact, I'am now at server-side. my web application run on tomcat server. I'm able to connect to my splunk server from my web application, run searches and get results. So I need to draw some graphs from data results using timeline.js and charting.js. Whenever it seems that node.js is required(refer to the error occurred). Do I have to refer to node.js in my web application? or to install it?

0 Karma

Rocket66
Communicator

"require()" is a NodeJS (server-side) command - so if you run a (Node)JS on client-side you will get an error.

0 Karma

Lossino

Thanks a lot your answer help to run the example at cleint-side. But i'am ficing another issue when I tried chart search result in my web application. here the error : ReferenceError: require is not defined
[Stopper sur une erreur]

var utils = require('../utils');

charting.js (ligne 17)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...