Splunk Dev

JavaScript Splunk SDK for KVStore REST endpoints

kostya2216
Observer

Hey, i am trying to write a NodeJS application using Splunks JavaScript SDK and i have a requirement to do some reading/writing to the KVStore, i would prefer not to use SPL (inputlookup/outputlook) and do it using the REST API (KVStore endpoints) but after extensive digging through the splunk-sdk documentation, guides and examples i cannot find anything in the JavaScript Splunk SDK related to the KVStore endpoints.

My initial idea was to extend the splunkjs.Service.Entity and/or splunkjs.Service.Collection but then i thought maybe im missing something and there is a reason this wasn't implemented in the first place or maybe its implemented and somehow i missed it in the documentation.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? Should i stick to my initial idea and extend the entity and collection classes or is there some other way without creating jobs and searches?

Labels (3)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@kostya2216 Following Splunk Dev walkthrough will give you an idea on how to achieve this: https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/tutorials/tutorialusekv/addarecord

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...