Developing for Splunk Enterprise
Highlighted

Is it possible to restore the sendemail.py file?

Explorer

I am interested in knowing if it's possible to restore files. I somehow deleted "sendemail.py" file, tried modifying and receiving a following error:

Installed Files Integrity Checker: File Integrity checks found 1 files that did not match the system-provided manifest. 
 Review the list of problems reported by the InstalledFileHashChecker in splunkd.log File Integrity Check View ; 
 potentially restore files from installation media, change practices to avoid changing files, or work with support to identify the problem 
0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: Is it possible to restore the sendemail.py file?

Motivator

You can get the sendemail.py from other instance from this location $SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps/search/bin/sendemail.py or else below is the file

link text

please rename pdf to py

Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks a lot, does it matter which version we are on? Currently I have Splunk 6.6.2

0 Karma
Highlighted

Explorer

Apparently, I tried replacing the file. However, still getting the same error:

Installed Files Integrity Checker: File Integrity checks found 1 files that did not match the system-provided manifest. Review the list of problems reported by the InstalledFileHashChecker in splunkd.log File Integrity Check View ; potentially restore files from installation media, change practices to avoid changing files, or work with support to identify the problem

0 Karma
Highlighted

Motivator

Please execute this command

$SPLUNK_HOME$/bin/splunk validate files

or

you can modify installedfilesintegrity parameter from limits.conf.

Please go through below link for more details,
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/ChecktheintegrityofyourSplunksoftwarefiles#...

0 Karma
Highlighted

Motivator

sendmail.py doesn't changed much from 6.5.0.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Explorer

Oh ok great, thanks a lot. Do you know why I would be receiving this error while sending an email:

command="sendemail", 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find' while sending mail to: test@user.com

0 Karma
Highlighted

Motivator

post this as different question. So that people wont get confused while seeing this answer.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Explorer
0 Karma