Splunk Dev

Is it possible to have Splunk run a python script or file on start up?

syx093
Communicator

What my program does is it gets a list of IP Addresses from 4 sources online, then uses those IP Addresses to find more info about them. Then it writes the information into a log file which is monitored by Splunk (have not gotten to this part yet). How do I make it so that Splunk is constantly running this program? To be more precise, how do I make it so that Splunk always runs this program when it starts up? The program is set to run in an infinite while loop and gathers information every hour because the the list of IP Address changes.
Quick question: Is there a better approach than writing the info into some log file?

0 Karma

reed_kelly
Contributor

Why not use a scripted input: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.4/AdvancedDev/ScriptedInputsIntro
You can have it run at an interval and write to a file that is read by Splunk.

bmacias84
Champion

I would look into modular inputs.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...