Developing for Splunk Enterprise
Highlighted

Is it possible to develop a UI with web form that sends the input value to a Java application via python and customize dynamic menus?

Hello,

I have two questions about Splunk + Python + Java:

1) Would it be possible (with Splunk) to develop an UI like a typical Web form (input + button), when the button is clicked on, "the form" sends the input value to a Java application (via Python)?

2) Would it be possible (with Splunk) to customize the menus to be dynamic?

• I am referring to the menus like "Search Pivot Reports Alerts Dashboards"

• Before showing the menu, we call a Java app (via Python script) that returns the menu names.

Many thanks.

Regards,
Paco.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: Is it possible to develop a UI with web form that sends the input value to a Java application via python and customize dynamic menus?

Path Finder

I use the Splunk Python SDK to embed data in an external web page. I pull a few scheduled reports and graph the data my self with http://morrisjs.github.io/morris.js/.

You can created saved searches etc with the SDK. Splunk can then be configured to show them in the nav using <view source="unclassified" / >

IF that does not do it for you you may have to update $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps//default/data/ui/nav/default.xml programmatically.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: Is it possible to develop a UI with web form that sends the input value to a Java application via python and customize dynamic menus?

Thank you for your reply, but it does not help to me to resolve my question 😞

My questions here is:

1) How can I use Splunk to send parameters (like a form) to Java application?
2) And then, Java application processes the data and returns a value to Splunk.

Additionally, using the two previous points, how can a Splunk process the returned data to customize dynamic menus (default.xml)?

Thank you.

Regards,
Paco.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Any update?

I would be grateful if you provide some example or documentation 🙂

Nobody did anything similar before?

Thank you 🙂

Cheers,
Paco.

0 Karma