Splunk Dev

Inject click.value to DateTimeRange from chart drilldown

h52huang
Path Finder

Hi, I am 1 week old to splunk. Using web-version. Need any generous help please.

I have a chart1 that drills down to a table1, upon clicking, passes the $click.value$ from chart1.

An example of my goal: from chart1, the $click.value$=15, then I want to set the dateTimeRange picker for table1 to 15:00:000 to 16:00:000. Then table1 will filter and only show events between 15-16:00 of a day.

Is above possible please? If yes, could anyone share more information about it please?

If not, then we might have to use query. I checked this example with question id 438520, sorry no enough points to post links..., but since I do not have input boxes as the example does, how do I convert those fields into query please?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@h52huang, can you check whether your raw events have date_hour field (explore events in verbose mode with streaming command or only base search)? If you have date_hour field this drilldown becomes simple as you can apply base search filter date_hour=15 OR date_hour=16

Also it would be great if you can post your current searches for chart and table.

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...