Splunk Dev

I have indexer 7.2.3 and I want to install a forwarder in w2003 server, which forwarder i have to install

imontanoisoft
Explorer

I have indexer 7.2.3 and I want to install a forwarder in w2003 server, which splunk forwarder version I have to install in order to get data form that windows server 2003?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

dkeck
Influencer

Hi,

Forwarder are up fowards compatible with splunk enterprise version.

See this for full list :docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Forwarder/7.2.3/Forwarder/Compatibilitybetweenforwardersandindexers

You do have to install the windows version of Universal Forwarder though.

0 Karma

imontanoisoft
Explorer

Thanks, I have this doubt because of this:

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/582255/unable-to-install-splunk-universal-forwarder-on-wi.html

Did you face that kind off problem?
Thanks

0 Karma

dkeck
Influencer

Ah okay I see what you mean.

Yes support for 2003 was removed with 6.3. so latest version would be, but theses forwarders can sent to newwer Indexes for sure ( if you stick to the instructions in the Compatibility chart)

0 Karma

imontanoisoft
Explorer

Thanks, so I have to install Forwarder version 6.2.15 in windows 2003 server in order to get data in the 7.2.3 indexer?
If I install forwarder 7.2.3 in windows 2003 server I will not get any data in the 7.2.3 indexer?

0 Karma

dkeck
Influencer

If I unterstand the docs correctly thats it yes. Just try it in your text stage.

0 Karma

Esky73
Builder

I've just done this and yes that version worked for me - no extra config required.

0 Karma

imontanoisoft
Explorer

which forwarder version did you installed?
Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...