Splunk Dev

How to install SDK for Python and resolve error "could not find coverage module. please install it and try again"?

preetigarg21
Explorer

I have easy_install installed in the site-packages folder in Python. My SDK folder is in the Python home directory. Please tell me the path settings required and how to install the SDK.

Python version 3.2.

It also throws the error "could not find coverage module. please install it and try again."
Therefore, I installed the coverage module separately but still, the error wasn't resolved.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ganapathymanian
Loves-to-Learn Lots

While installing SPLUNKLIB python module on a remote server where we dont have internet getting error as "Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pycrypto (from splunklib==1.0.0)"

I downloaded on the internet server using PIP DOWNLOAD SPLUNKLIB command & copied the files to remote server

I able to install all below module except PYCRYPTO

certifi-2020.4.5.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl
chardet-3.0.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl
idna-2.9-py2.py3-none-any.whl
requests-2.23.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
urllib3-1.25.9-py2.py3-none-any.whl

Please help.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

Neeraj_Luthra
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You either need to install the splunk-sdk using easy_install or pip OR make sure you have PYTHONPATH variable defined pointing to the sdk folder you just cloned. More details on how to install are available at http://dev.splunk.com/view/SP-CAAAEDG.

0 Karma

bnorthway
Path Finder

that link is 404

0 Karma

erritesh17
Path Finder

that link is not working ..
give me some suggestion..

0 Karma

rakeshh123
Path Finder
0 Karma

Neeraj_Luthra
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@preetigarg21 - I believe you posted the same question on github. I will update this post based on the findings in that thread.

0 Karma

preetigarg21
Explorer

Windows 7
I have also tried cloning sdk from GitHub but the same problem persists.

0 Karma

jonuwz
Influencer

Which operating system ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...