Splunk Dev

How to get latest job results from C# SDK?

thepainfull
Explorer

Hello,

I've been at this for two days now, getting a bit frustrated.

I want to, given a saved search and the app it comes from, get the latest job result. I can do that with the API fairly easily by hitting the /servicesNS/[user]/[appname]/saved/searches/[saved search]/history endpoint, and services/search/jobs/[job id]/results after that.
Now I would like to do the same using the C# SDK (inside a .NET project). All I've been able to do so far is to get the list of apps :

var service = new Service (new Uri([my splunk url]));
await service.LogOnAsync ([user], [pass]);            
await service.Applications.GetAllAsync();

And a list of jobs :

await service.Jobs.GetAllAsync();

Now, I have no clue how to go any further. I've tried :

var results = job.GetSearchResultsAsync();

But that only populates the properties of each job in the service.Jobs list.

I have also seen references to a ResultsReader class for both the java and python SDK's, but nothing for the C# one.

Am I missing something obvious ? Not obvious ? Is it even possible ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

thepainfull
Explorer

(If anyone looks for this in the future, I've concluded that as of yet the C#SDK isn't feature complete and I've gone back to using the API directly)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

thepainfull
Explorer

(If anyone looks for this in the future, I've concluded that as of yet the C#SDK isn't feature complete and I've gone back to using the API directly)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...