Splunk Dev

How to connect C# SDK sample to Splunk Enterprise created from Azure?

ponsakthi
Engager

I have created Splunk Enterprise Server from Azure market place.
I am now trying to connect to this server from C# sdk using the server name and port(8089). But I get an error

An error occurred while sending the
request

I have disabled Server certificate validation on the C# sample.

ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = SecurityProtocolType.Ssl3;
    ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback += (sender, certificate, chain, sslPolicyErrors) => true;

Also, as per the tutorial when I try to navigate to scheme://host:port for the azure server, I get ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
https://servername.azure.com:8089/

Is there any other settings that I have to configure on Server?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

rarsan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk in Azure Marketplace deploys Splunk instance(s) within a newly created virtual network (vnet). By default, Splunk management port 8089 is open only to the private virtual network for security reasons. You could manually change that to allow traffic from a particular CIDR range or the public internet. From the Azure portal, browse to the network security group which was created by the template for the server(s) in question, and update the inbound security rule named "Allow-Mgmt-From-VNET". Alternatively, you could of course run the C# client from within the vnet.
Hope this helps.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming all parameters are correct, a timeout usually means blocking firewalls.

Can you telnet to the management port?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...