Splunk Dev

How to access the configuration settings in custom config file based on values?

troyward
Explorer

I'm trying to build an app that requires some configurations to be saved that affect the output of some of the searches (i.e if something should be counted or not). My idea is to save these as a custom config file in apps local directory (mycustomfile.conf) but my problem is, how can I access the configuration settings within it to modify the searches based on their values? I've read about creating a setup.xml file and think I understand that, just not sure how to actually put those values into use.

Labels (2)

pierznj
Engager

My kingdom for an answer to this question! (Sorry I don't really have a kingdom.)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...