Splunk Dev

How to Stop SubmitButton when there is a validation error in the dashboard ?

zacksoft_wf
Contributor

I have a field 'Value'  in dashboard that is being validated by an external .js .
When the validation match fails it shows the error message "Please input a valid Value". But when I ignore that message and hit submit button, it anyways submits that record.
I want the dashboard not to submit, until I input the field with correct values and no validation message comes.
I have so many input fields , but I am validating only the 'Value' field. And I don't want the user to be able to submit record while ignoring the validation message.

===================================================
<input type="text" token="value" id="tkn_value_id" searchWhenChanged="true" depends="$some_condition$">
<label>Value</label>
========================================
require([
'underscore',
'splunkjs/mvc',
'jquery',
"splunkjs/mvc/simplexml/ready!"
], function(_, mvc, $) {
var tkn_value = splunkjs.mvc.Components.getInstance("tkn_value_id");
tkn_value.on("change", function(e) {
console.log(e)
// e.preventDefault();
if (!isValueValid(e)) {
alert("Enter Valid Value")
return false;
}
})
function isValueValid(userInput) {
console.log(userInput)
var res = userInput.match(/(^\s|\"|\s$)/g)
if (res == null)
return true;
else
return false;
}
========================================================
})

Labels (2)
0 Karma

jcraumer
Explorer

Do not use the default submit button provided by the dashboard editor. 

Create a custom button that will submit the form once validation is complete.  This can be done in the same Javascript file used for the validation but create a if statement that if the validation fails the form doesn't submit.

0 Karma

zacksoft_wf
Contributor

@jcraumer 
I am new to JavaScript , could you elaborate a bit about the positioning of the if condition in the JavaScript ,please .

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...