Splunk Dev

How do you get Matplotlib to work with Splunk SDK for Python

kmattern
Builder

Windows 2008 r2 32 bit
Splunk 6.2.2
Splunk SDK for Python

I have been having fun with Python and generating tables and other text based outputs from Splunk but now want to generate charts and graphs. I've beating my head against the wall for two weeks trying to understand how to properly install Matplotlib and numpy. Everywhere I look I'm told to use pip but I can't find a version of pip to install that doesn't appear to require pip itself. I'm not in a position where I can build and compile the source code for pip, numpy, matplotlib or any other product.

All I want to know is how do I get graphing libraries installed that will work with the Splunk SKD for Python? Surely it can't be that hard but it does appear that the available information is obfuscated.

0 Karma

jangid
Builder

Have you tried Python for Scientific Computing Splunk app? I was also getting issue with numpy and pandas library but after installing this app and adding below two lines in my script it works like a charm.

import exec_anaconda
exec_anaconda.exec_anaconda()
0 Karma

BernardEAI
Communicator

I have managed to get this working, but only while running the Python for Scientific Computing Splunk app version 1.3. When I change to any version above that, it no longer works. Has anybody else encountered this issue?

0 Karma

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A user posted how to install numpy here - https://answers.splunk.com/answers/138727/help-installing-numpy.html

Try those steps, and let us know if it helps.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...