Splunk Dev

How can i call the Java Servlet from Splunk Web App?

Arun_N_007
Communicator

Hi,

I would like to use the existing Java Code to Work on raw data and insert result data into Splunk Index which i need to trigger from the Splunk Web App. How can i do that?

How can i use normal Splunk Web html to call post method of Java Servlet?

Regards,
Arun

0 Karma
1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

How much Java code are we talking about ? It may be easier and more elegant to replicate this Java code in Python in a Django view in the Splunk Web Framework.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

How much Java code are we talking about ? It may be easier and more elegant to replicate this Java code in Python in a Django view in the Splunk Web Framework.

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion
0 Karma

Arun_N_007
Communicator

Damien,

Thank you for your suggestion. Can you suggest any material to learn Django???

Regards,
Arun

0 Karma

Arun_N_007
Communicator

Problem is i have Big implemented Java Code. Which will take more time to replicate.

0 Karma

Arun_N_007
Communicator

Hi Damien,

Yes am trying to call a Servlet or a Java Code(if not Servlet) hosted in the same server.
And i need to get results from the Java Code which will execute an algorithm which will create another index and dump results into that.

Can we call the java program from python script in Splunk?

Can we use Splunk button for other purposes instead of only Querying the Splunkd? (Just like forms in jsp and servlets!!)

Regards,
Arun

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Are you trying to call a servlet hosted in another web container , or are you wanting to run the servlet code in Splunk web (which you can't BTW) , please clarify.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...