Splunk Dev

Help with Event Search based on custom time field

csahoo
Explorer

i found for below query  the search is happening based on default time field which is  _time  , so when ever i am choosing the date and time based on default time which is '5/26/22 7:40:00.000 AM' then the events are populating but if i am selecting any date and time which is align with my custom time field which is 'originaltime'  then i am not getting any event , am i doing any thing wrong here

index="summary_carrier_service" originalsource="*gps-request-processor-dev*" originalsourcetype= "*eu-central-1*" event="*Request"
| fields event category labelType documentType regenerate businessKey businessValue sourceNodeType sourceNodeCode geoCode jobId status sourcetype source originaltime
| addinfo
| eval ts=strptime(originaltime,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")
| where (ts>info_min_time and ts<=info_max_time)

csahoo_0-1653569210765.png

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The AND operator in the where command must be in upper case.

If you still don't get results, use the table command to examine the ts, info_min_time, and info_max_time fields.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...