Splunk Dev

Get only parsed JSON fields using spath

nagar57
Communicator

I have a below JSON

Recalibration Stats json : {"modelid" : "30013", "champion_gini" : 0.8274502273019728, "recalibResult" : "CASE I Champion Retained", "challenger_gini" : 0.8013221831674033, "recalibDate" : "2020-05-01"}

Now to get the JSON fields I have to explicitly mention field names using table/fields. My JSON can get different fields from source so I want to get only parsed fields from JSON by not explicitly mentioning their names. Using below query is giving me all the unwanted fields as well.

index = abx sourcetype = gmdevops_rome source="/axp/gnics/orchestra/dev/romedata/logs/model_run_qc.log" "Recalibration Stats json"
| rex field=_raw "Recalibration Stats json : (?<recalib_stats>.+)"
| spath input=recalib_stats
| table *

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

nagar57
Communicator

It'll be like:

index = abx sourcetype = gmdevops_rome source="/axp/gnics/orchestra/dev/romedata/logs/model_run_qc.log" "Recalibration Stats json"
| fields recalib_stats
| fields - recalib_stats, _raw, _time
| table *
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, removing _raw and _time as well. The important step is the selecting of recalib_stats field after the rex which removes the bulk of the other fields - the special fields beginning with an underscore have to be remove individually.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Not sure what the question is? Are you trying to remove the "unwanted" fields without mentioning which fields are wanted?

0 Karma

nagar57
Communicator

Yes, I want only parsed fields from JSON. If I use | table * then I want only those fields that are present in JSON. Unwanted fields are date_hour, _raw, _time , date_second etc.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Remove everything apart from recalib_stats after the rex, then remove recalib_stats after the spath

| fields recalib_stats
| fields - recalib_stats
| table *

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...