Splunk Dev

Developing Splunk app or add-on using java

seagence

Hi All, I am a newbie to splunk. I am trying to solve a use case and need to develop an app/add-on using java that sits and runs along with Splunk server.

Basically here is what I want to acheive.

1) Searching for decorated/annotated log data (I have a solution that decorates/annotates some events in debug logs that feed into splunk).
2) Do some processing using java on the search results to identify any abnormalities.
3) If an abnormality is found, present as such on the dashboard.

Can this be done using splunk app/add-on using java?

I think it can be done using Splunk SDK for java but that becomes an external application. I want to do it using a Splunk app or add-on.

Regards,
Srinivas

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@seagence is the data processing in Java or JavaScript? If you want to have your Custom Command can you use Splunk SDK for Python to create Pyhon Script that can create a Command in Splunk to be directly used in Splunk Searches? Refer to documentation: http://dev.splunk.com/view/python-sdk/SP-CAAAEU2

seagence

@niketnilay yes I have a pre built java component that does some processing on search results, which I want to run in splunk server. Can that be done?

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

try using Splunk add-on builder : https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2962/

0 Karma

seagence

I will use any tool that supports developing java based add-on but in first place I am not sure if Splunk supports such an app/add-on.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...