Splunk Dev

Deployed a search app from deployer

rashi83
Path Finder

hi ,
I deployed a search app from deployer on 3 member cluster search head. Deployer successful pushed the bundle but its not pushing local directory.

The app got visible on search head but ( its missing search and reporting ) . Its showing only Defaultviews instead of standard ( alert, search , dashboard tabs) .

I checked permission on the deployed app and its set as execute/read/write.

alt text

Tags (1)
0 Karma

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

By default deployer merges both local and default directories then pushes apps to search heads. Check your changes in default directories on search heads.

It might be something to do with default.xml in your app. Check if following content is there in the default.xml in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/yourapp/default/data/ui/nav/. If not add it in the app on deployer server, deploy apps again and check.

<nav search_view="search" color="#5CC05C">
  <view name="search" default="true" />
  <view name="reports" />
  <view name="alerts" />
  <view name="dashboards" />
</nav>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...