Splunk Dev

Default Host & Port for C# SDK and SplunkStorm?

citysourced

I'm using SplunkStorm and I'm trying to connect to the hosted service. All the examples state "localhost" and "8089" for the host and port. Since the service is hosted, am I wrong in assuming these values should be different?

What should my values be for the code below?

var service = new Service("[host]", [port]);
service = service.Login("[username]", "[pasword]");

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Karma

Neeraj_Luthra
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Splunk SDK for C# does not currently support any APIs on Storm.

amunk_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey citysourced. The API is pretty easy to use, even though there's no SDK support yet. Check out API documentation at http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Storm/latest/User/UseStormsRESTAPI. You'll have to use your HTTP library of choice for C#.

But there are other means of getting data in too. Let me know if you want to chat.

Alex Munk
Product Management
Splunk Storm

0 Karma

citysourced

Are there examples on how to hook up Storm to an application? If we have to use their Web UI to load data, it's pretty worthless to us.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...