Splunk Dev

Custom REST API endpoint with PersistentServerConnectionApplication

douglasmsouza
Explorer

I'm currently using PersistentServerConnectionApplication to implement custom API endpoints inside Splunk. Any changes I make in code delays about 1 or 2 minutes to start working. 

Is this the correct behavior or am I missing something? If it is the correct behavior, is there any form to test the endpoint immediately after save the code?

Also, I would like to know if BaseRestHandler approach still works on Splunk newer versions (8.x), because I coudn't make this work (python can´t find splunk.rest.BaseRestHandler class).

Best regards.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

livehybrid
Builder

Ive recently been working with REST endpoints in this way, it took a bit of head scratching but the process stays running, and can be killed with something like this:

sudo kill $(ps -aux | grep -i [\/]opt.*persistconn | awk '{print $2}')

Then it will pick up your changes next time you query it.

I hope this helps

Will 

View solution in original post

livehybrid
Builder

Ive recently been working with REST endpoints in this way, it took a bit of head scratching but the process stays running, and can be killed with something like this:

sudo kill $(ps -aux | grep -i [\/]opt.*persistconn | awk '{print $2}')

Then it will pick up your changes next time you query it.

I hope this helps

Will 

spunk_enthusias
Path Finder

What a joke to have to rely on this. Simply insane. Thank you. 

0 Karma

livehybrid
Builder

Here I am, over 3 years later, finding my own answer to help me out again 🙂 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...